Writers, Producers, and Theaters: Would you benefit from working with a New York City theater industry professional to plan and execute the next important developmental steps for your play or musical?
Matt Schicker has shepherded more than 40 musicals and plays since 2002, from developmental readings and showcase presentations to full productions. His clients are writers and writing teams, theaters, and independent producers.
- “Matt shows excellent professional judgement and artistic and managerial skills that make him a valuable player in the theater-producing field.” – Henry Krieger, composer of Dreamgirls, Side Show, and Radio Girl
- “Matt is smart, talented, and has a depth of experience in both the non-profit and commercial areas. He is a team player.” – Harriet Kittner, General Manager, Goodspeed Musicals
- “It is with pleasure that I offer my sincere recommendation of Matt based on my experience with him both professionally as an adroit and and sensitive theatrical producer, and personally as a gracious and witty human being.” – Rupert Holmes, Tony Award-winning composer/bookwriter/lyricist of The Mystery of Edwin Drood and author of the book for Curtains
- strategizing and executing next steps for plays, musicals, and cabaret events in development.
- introducing projects to targeted groups and individuals who may be interested in getting involved.
- matchmaking to create simpatico creative teams and relationships between producers and creatives.
- advising through the creative process, including dramaturgical analysis.
- liaising during exploratory discussions and contract negotiations.
- line producing developmental presentations such as workshops and readings.
For questions or for a quote, contact Matt Schicker: showshepherd [at] gmail [dot] com
Proud member of National Alliance for Musical Theatre